Follow my blog with Bloglovin Casa Bella: Honeysuckle...get inspired!

Jan 3, 2011

Honeysuckle...get inspired!


As a follow up of yesterday's post (see below), 
here's more honeysuckle inspiration for you, my loves.


Now...I am not sure that these are totally honeysuckle, 
but these runway beauties were on the Pantone site.
They would know, right?



I see honeysuckle as a mixture of red and pink,
not hot pink, 
not crimson, 
not salmon, 
not watermelon, 
not coral,
not cherry blossom,
not persimmon.




I think the closest match to the honeysuckle flowers 
I saw growing up is the color of the fabric on this chair:


or the really darling knob on this pic:


You know me and shoes! 
I just had to have an image of a pair of shoes in honeysuckle! 
I had to.






I wonder how Pantone chooses the color of the year. 

Do they have a wheel with every single color and shade 
and play roulette with them? 

Do they put the names of all the colors in a bag and pick one? 

Or do they do tons of hours of research to come up with a choice? 

Whatever they do, I would love to be in that committee. 
Talk about power.

Have a wonderful day, my loves.
I'll definitely be wearing some honeysuckle during 
the upcoming spring and summer seasons. 


 Conformist? Me? Never. 
I always loved this color. 
I just didn't know its name :-)


Kiss, kiss,




Credits: runway; knob, handbag; gold skirt; all others

7 comments:

  1. That is such a fantastic colour..Im loving those two top dresses:) Happy New Year,sweetie
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it ! Such warm feminine and uplifting color !
    Happy New Year Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote below! Great color for a New Year!
    ~Giselle
    http://www.machinewashwarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOO!!! MORE!!!! YES, YES, YES! Oh dear one, THANK YOU FOR DROPPING BY TODAY just because! And here I am, not even expecting to see yet ANOTHER DELICIOUS POST OF WHAT I CONSIDER WATERMELON! Perhaps this will turn out to be the color of the year that will replace turquoise...but isn't turquoise a fun color? I THINK I SHALL TRY SOME OF THIS HONEYSUCKLE THIS SUMMER!!

    BESOS, BISES!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most amazing color...its so girly! I once knew an artist that was part of the committee that forecasts colors and gives them names, I always thought that sounded like the most fun job ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I lurrrve this color! It is so vibrant so happy, so me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Appreciate the time you took to post this

    ReplyDelete