Follow my blog with Bloglovin Casa Bella: Pantone Color of the Year: 2011

Jan 3, 2011

Pantone Color of the Year: 2011


Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2011: 
Honeysuckle.


It is described as a "dynamic reddish-pink"
that is encouraging and uplifting.
It is a captivating, stimulating color
that gets the adrenaline going.



It may be true. 
I remember how happy and energetic I felt when
I looked at the beautiful honeysuckle flowers
 my mother had around the house.


It is said to produce a healthy glow whenever and wherever it is applied.


I LOVE this color. 
Would I wear an entire outfit in this color? 
Probably not.
Paint a whole room? 
Not in a million years.

A handbag? Shoes? Jewelry? Scarf? Pillows? Throws? Sofa? 
Yes, definitely.


Come back tomorrow for more honeysuckle-related images.

Kiss, kiss.



Credits: swatches; bedroom,remote,buttons; pull; bathtub.

8 comments:

  1. I love this colour too! Not red, not pale pink, some vibrant kind of pink. Something I just cannot ever wear but I do use in the house in little things as flowers and decoration, not a whole wall though.
    Looking out for your next post!
    Bye,
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my comment got eaten up! Dearest, this is a divine color and it goes so well with your beautiful gray background!

    HAVE A HAPPY MONDAY OF 2011! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my favorite colors, so happy and bold! Happy New Year Silvia! Besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. love honeysuckle great color for 2011 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE the color - and if i could have a honesuckle clawfoot tub - DREAM!!!!!!!!


    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honeysuckle...You don't even have to say another word. I can see and smell it instantly.

    I saw that honeysuckle was The color of the Year. How Fun!!! I am so ready for a bright,fresh color!
    Enjoy a Bright & Fresh start to your new year,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want that bathroom. I mean - I want that bathroom so much mine might be getting renovated as of... tonight. LOL

    Happy Happy New Year!!! I'm going to go make a pink pocketbook... honeysuckle pink.

    ;-D xoxoxo
    robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower here...what a lovely place to have fallen into!
    --Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete