Follow my blog with Bloglovin Casa Bella: Here comes the sun

Mar 22, 2010

Here comes the sun

It looks like a few of us in the blog universe are in love with yellow this week. How can we not be? Even if yellow isn't your favorite color, you can't deny that it evokes sentiments of sunshine and warmth.
These beautiful tulips I got this past weekend are my inspiration for this week's posts:
  Aren't they pretty?
So let's get started with happy yellow week.
How about this fab yellow print? 
I love that it covers the wall almost completely.
A very unique focal point:
      I love the golden yellow on these walls and how they cast 
a shade of warmth and sophistication:
I don't know if I would be brave enough to paint 
my walls dandelion yellow, would you? 
The white trim offers a soothing contrast:
I've got to admit I want this chair, yes I do:
And wouldn't mind whipping up a nice meal in this
French-inspired yellow kitchen:
Love this Victorian-style chest:
and wouldn't mind sleeping here, gotta love the bed skirt:
The Psychology of yellow:
1. described as cheery and warm
2. most fatiguing to the eye due to the high amount of light that is reflected
3. can increase the metabolism. Seriously. There are studies to prove this theory.
Want to feel more active? Paint your room yellow if you can handle it
4. most attention-getting color so it is perfect to be used in small amounts for focal points

More yellow tomorrow.
Have a fun Tuesday, dear Lovelies! Thanks for stopping by!
CREDITS: big yellow wall print; staircase; chair; pillow; French-inspired kitchen; Victorian chest; bed skirt.

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous yellows! I once painted a bedroom a soft butter yellow, but it was still far too stimulating. So I painted over it and put a cheery bright yellow in my kitchen instead. I simply adored it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Silvia, what a gorgeous blog! Thanks for stopping by mine. I love yellow too, I'm trying to find a place for some sunshine in my home..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a big fan of yellow myself, but with another winter like this, maybe it´s time to paint the entire house in a bright, sunshine-like yellow shade!! Great and inspiring photos Silvia, Abrazos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely color! Thanks for brightening my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Silvia
    you are making me love every color of the rainbow! These images give me a lot of energy and I do need that!! Thanks so much
    Enjoy your day
    Flaviana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your gorgeous blog through the lovely Kerri at Driftwood. I love yellow...my company has yellow in its name! And I've painted walls yellow in lots of houses...not this one though. It was great to see some wonderful examples of yellow. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just realised I said yellow four times in my last comment...yikes...too late at night for me I think! Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you wonderful lovelies! I ADORE reading your comments! Just pure happiness! (wow...lots of exclamation points...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore yellow in all its flavors and hues! In fact I have that shade of yellow in your images on my master bedroom and kitchen walls. Love it!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so muche dear for your lovely comment. i'm not usually very into yellow, but these rooms are really gorgeous! and they bring inside a bit of sun...

    Hugs from Italy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great post! I love to see yellow in photos, especially little touches of it. Very warm and welcoming like daffodils by a front porch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how cute this is! I just came across your blog and love it!
    xoxo
    Giovanna
    www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That French inspired yellow kitchen is so beautiful!!! Great find Silvia!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh yellow definitely makes me happy, especially lately!

    ReplyDelete
  15. aww thank you so much for your lovely comment!! I love your blog too and I'm following you now :) I'll also add your link to my blogroll!
    Thanks for adding my button! :D
    xoxo
    Giovanna
    www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so agree with yellow being so warm and cheery...your images just made me so happy today...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous images...I love touches of yellow but I'm not quite game enough to paint it on a wall! Maybe oneday! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Es precioso el amarillo, y muy interesantes tus comentarios.

    Besos preciosa!
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. yellow is such a happy color! thank you for making my day just a bit brighter :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yellow is so fun!!! You are right...thank you for your very sweet comment a couple days ago:) I really love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everything is so bright and beautiful, yay for yellow! I love the tulips they're so very springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely pictures!! Yellow is a perfect color now in the Spring time!! I will soon buy some yellow tulips to decorate my home for Easter!!

    :) Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great images! I have used yellow in my daughter's nursery and am finding I am being drawn to it for other things homewares related lately. I love the artwork in that second image too and have that picture saved inmy inspiration folder. Love that textured yellow cushion and what a pretty chest of drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today. Yes, I think a lot of us have yellow on out minds these days. I love golden, buttery yellows myself. They're warmer and easier to live with I think. Like the flowery slipper chair you show here... that could happily live in my house.

    ReplyDelete