Follow my blog with Bloglovin Casa Bella: French Inspired Interiors

Feb 27, 2011

French Inspired Interiors


Trendy, old-world, elegant, rustic.
You probably can't go wrong 
with French-inspired style decor.
Oh la la.


 A framed chalkboard panel with an Eiffel tower is a very smart idea. 
 I hope the drawing is made with a permanent ink.
If you have a toddler with a chalk in hand, that may become a different 
kind of art all together in a matter of minutes.


Beautiful vintage fixtures, antique chandelier and lots of natural light. 
The cabinet doors are recycled windows from elsewhere in this home. 
So soothing and elegant.

Too cluttered for my taste 
(I would definitely start putting things away immediately!). 
Yet, I adore the old-world charm of this kitchen.
I love the juxtaposition of the modern metal backsplash 
and the vintage-looking La Cornue stove.

Neutral palette, huge crystal chandelier, ceiling medallion, Louis XVI chairs. 
The inviting and relaxed atmosphere seems perfect for small dinner parties.

How about this home office with a Régence style desk and 
a gorgeous Trumeau mirror? 
I love the combination of red, black, and pale blue. 
Daring. 
I don't know that I would have the courage to do it, but...
yes...bra-vo.


Modern Parisian-hotel chic.
Stark white walls.
Gold accents.
Black French doors. 
Minimalistic perfection.

European country look mixed with contemporary white cabinets. 
Delish.


The beautiful upholstered settee really makes this library.
I love the black Ikea bookcases (yes, Ikea) 
and the very smart floral skirt along the bottom. 
It hides a storage area underneath. 
 

A mix of old and new in this Paris bistro inspired kitchen. 
And the bike. You know this image wouldn't be complete without the bike.

Now I need a croissant (or two).
 
May you have an inspired week, my loves.

Kisses.




Images via

20 comments:

  1. Love the chalk board with Eiffel Tower. And the bistro inspired kitchen is gorgeous as is the black and white bedroom. Dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous rooms, thank you so much for my book I received it yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm in love with this era..gorgeous rooms thanks for sharing such devine images:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am so in love with these images and the feel of Paris they evoke! Ah.....my 6 year old asked tonight, "When do we get to go back to Paris?" It will probably be a while, but it's a good sign that he really liked it!!
    xo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that tub with the artwork between the windows and and soft roman blinds.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. elegant, charming, tasteful....vintage...french ooh la la...I love it all!

    and yes, I would think that the tower is drawn in a china marker of painted on with the luxury of permanence! I want one for my house..but I don't think I have the wall space for something like that....heheee...how about I make a mini version!? lol

    ciao bella


    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW So gorgeous !
    I had the best time with Camilla ! She is so fun and you must be proud of her.
    Thank you so much for your visits and friendship :)
    Oh and it would be fun if you linked this post or anything French inspired tomorrow to the French Obsession. But it is ok if you don't. I am so sure people would LOVE it !
    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Silvia, this has taken my breath away dearest....every single room a haven, so wonderful. AND I HAVE PATTERNED MY DARLING COTTAGE AFTER THESE IMAGES!!! Love to you, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these images are beyond gorgeous! I would take any of those kitchens and chandeliers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're all so gorgeous...
    I love the elegance French Design exudes...

    The first image is oh so fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my.... these kitchens!~
    I would sleep there if I could...
    Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great french-inspired moodboard, so dreamy! I love the vintage looking stove, that is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't say it enough, your images are amazing. I love everything you pull and deliver to us through your posts. LOVE XO, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have this insane urge to paint everything (and I mean, EVERYTHING) with chalkboard paint. everything.

    LOVE the striped settee!!!

    ;-D xoxo
    robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful, inspiring photos on your blog! The kitchen in this post is absolute heaven :)

    ~Sarah W.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Thank you for sharing such inspiration. My heart skips a beat with each picture.. SO many ideas .. THanks Karryann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just wanted to pop over and wish you a very happy weekend!!

    xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVELY images! I love that Eiffel tower :) Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

    Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful rooms Silvia!! That bathroom is so serene and the colors so calming! I hope you are having a wonderful week as well!

    ReplyDelete