Follow my blog with Bloglovin Casa Bella: French and Italian inspiration

Jun 10, 2010

French and Italian inspiration

My European roots call me. 
I am drawn to the place where my ancestors roamed: Italy. 
And yet, the sophisticated yet carefree French style is an absolute favorite. 

I am repainting my room and chose a color palette similar to the trim and wall color here..


 Too bad I don't have a bed frame or headboard like this one...

My absolute most favorite color on this particular door.
Perfect ..Oh yes...

I just adore the look of this room...
sort of Gladiator meets Pride and Prejudice...

And this planter? Fabulous!
                                               
How about the antique-looking stenciling on this wall...
                               
Someday I will have a backyard like this one.
                                                            Absolutely timeless. Paradise...
                         
This reminds me of my fave place on earth...Tuscany.
Rustic elegance at its best...
                      
And the juxtaposition of the delicate chandelier with the rustic table?
                                                                               Bravo.
                                                              
No words. Just love it:

What style inspires you? Cottage? Vintage? European? Coastal? A mix?
May you find things that serve as inspiration for a happy life.
Take care, my loves.

Muchas gracias for stopping by.

Credits: find all images here.

19 comments:

  1. i'm more of a modern girl - but i can't lie - i dabble in it all - there's always something i like about "this or that" - i think the only thing i am NOT is "country" - i just DO NOT like "apples and checkers" and stuff like that ..

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous images! Love the urn too. The gardens are amazing and the outside table area is calling my name. Oh, so lovely. I like a room that is not homogenous...I love mixing the old with the new; traditional elements to ground the modern day room and above all, a room that is highly functional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 10, 2010

    That planter is beautiful, as is the back yard. I would have to say I get inspired by all different styles! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a well balanced mix of modern and vintage and that’s how our place looks like...That bed is stunning and I adore the wall colour in the first photo :)
    Beautiful sweetie and have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Silvia, I love your images for today! I want to live in that house and I want to have afternoon tea in that garden. And on the second image I just adore the blue bed cover! Have a lovely day!

    Kristin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and luxurious...

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful, very glamourous, and rustic all together

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJune 10, 2010

    I like the one with the chandelier too. If I had to choose one it would be that. The others are wonderful but don't really reflect my style. For interiors I would go for modern with occasional antique-classical-other era interludes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life is a mix, but these are all in it self gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Silvia dear
    I think we do have the same tastes because I'm in love with every one-and I mean every one- of these pictures.
    I like english cottage style, I like Vintage but the style that I love most is,needless to say, Franch!!
    Hugs from me
    xx Flaviana

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousJune 11, 2010

    absolutamente maravillosas las fotos, que rincones más estupendos. Se me cae la baba...
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luv the Rustic Elegance outdoor pic. It reminds me of my patio (or of the patio I'm trying to create).

    ReplyDelete
  13. The old world "TROMPE L'OEIL" painting (Stenciling) I do grand-ly!! with out stencils on Estate Model Homes Villa in European style.

    The Villa yard I am with you on that one, and I wouls say I would have to chose the Euorpean Villa as a design style I would choose...furnished with a mix of French flea market finds, plenty of HISTORY like my present homes furnishings :)

    Love your blog...

    Dore L. Callaway
    Interior Designs
    Designer Model Estate Home's/
    Residential/ elavation plans corrections

    ReplyDelete
  14. I seem to be inspired by a mix of french provincial/hamptons/coastal - you see I don't really have a style! I love your images, particularly the Gladiator meets Pride and Prejudice! I understand why you like Tuscany, I recently watched a film set in Verona and the scenery was so beautiful..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me inspiran todos los estilos y todas tus fotos. Haces unas selecciones magníficas!!

    Yo también amo el azul turquesa de la puerta, hice un post estos días pasados.

    Muchos besos bella!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm inspired by coastal (I dream of living by the sea) modern, clean, white, rustic, wood, leather. Love that bed with the gorgeous satin cover, and the chandelier and wooden table are perfect. Ahhh one day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous Sylvia...so inspiring, you have a lovely collection of photos here :)

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow..i like ur photo so much. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i LOVE everything italian...and now even french too =) great pictures!

    ReplyDelete